Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Battle Has begun

So my wife and I just purchased our first home in the North Georgia mountains on two acres. A lovely little fixer upper with a Kudzu problem on about half of the front acre. I have lived all over the country but have spent most of my life in the Southern States, primarily Florida. So I have always seen this "foot a day" vine growing everywhere. Now it's on my land and I want it gone...

For the past month and a half I have spent countless hours reading about how to control, and hopefully eliminate this nemesis. From what I have researched it seems that there is no herbicide out there that will kill it for good. Seems like it will kill it and then grow back because of just how hardy it is. I did find a site called www.kokudzu.com where they say surgical crown removal is the only real way to eradicate the Kudzu problem. And that's where our battle begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment